Sharon,

I saw, and have seem, am still aware of changes in your life and I'm very happy for the testimony you shared below.  I know, the way I   talk and the way I write, people often get the feeling I'm suggesting I have reached a high spiritual plateau but I am still living the changes that came to me 14 years ago and with what I've faced in the last 12 years, I don't think I would have made it without the Lord continuing to heal me.  The church we are attending, for example, is a Baptist church, of all things.  The pastor, last week, said starting the first week of September, he is going to start teaching on prayer and we will also have home meetings each week teaching on prayer.  Sandy and I were talking as we went to bed a night or two later about a situation we are aware of personally in this church.  She was questioning the attitude of someone and basically trying to figure out why it was happening to some degree.  The pastor had also, during his announcement of the teachings on prayer, said that he personally did not really know how to pray himself.  I felt sad a pastor had to make such a public confession but obviously, he is being transparent and showing just how serious he really is about prayer and learning to pray.  My comment to my wife that night, as I began to say, was, if I had been asked, do you know how to pray, would be yes, I do.  That would sound as pride to most but what I went through to learn how to pray was nothing I ever dreamed would happen then or now.  Odd, too, because the Lord just taught me something a week or two ago about prayer, something new to me personally, while my computer was down.  It was so simple, I couldn't believe I'd never heard about it before but I've been doing what the Lord told me ever since He revealed it to me.  I'll probably write about it some day.  You may think I'm joking but the first or second time we prayed together, I told Sandy, there is this lady in Idaho I'm praying with that is incredibly spiritually sensitive and she knows the Scriptures like few people I've met.  Sharon, you will never know, until Heaven, how much I learned just through those times we prayed together and getting to watch and witness God working in your life was a great blessing to me personally.

Phil.

----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">sharon Hooley
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, August 23, 2014 7:43 PM
Subject: Re: Lost a subscriber

Hi all,

I did notice that grant expounded on the scriptures in a logical way, which is on the dot as far as God's Word is concerned.  But I thought there might be something missing.  I know that there is a place where God allows us to struggle, where, in a moment of darkness we might take His word and be convinced that it's personal and something to be afraid of, or we can feel that those verses against fear just aren't working, as I remember some of your articles mentioning this kind of blockage, Phil.  I know I used verses in god's word to either frighten myself or the devil used it against me.  We know that even the devil used scripture on Jesus to make "a tantalizing" point for Him to prove He was god's son. I'll give you an example, not one that was always on my mind, but just to illustrate the times I experienced this train of thought and emotion.  Jesus said to the Jewish Rulers, "You worship me with your lips, but your hearts are far from me."  Yes, He did say in another passage that "by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words you will be condemned.", but the previous quote took first place and I felt hopeless.  You see, for most of my life, I've struggled with the idea that I was being insincere when I asked God for help and deliverance because I pictured having to go through emotional withdrawal of the toxic "quick fix from the devil", and I wasn't willing to hold out until it was over, even though it would be temporary.  So I could say yes with my lips, but my heart "could very well be far from the Lord."  I think that the fear that we've committed, or might commit, the unpardonable sin is a classic case of worry about God's Word, too.  But thanks be to Jesus, I'm being pulled out of that slimy pit and am being set on that rock that will always be a firm place to stand on!  That passage fits my situation just about perfectly.  Maybe part of it is my bias against what some believers believe and don't believe, but I'm pretty sure about these things.

Phil, if you ever feel The Lord would prompt you to send this kind of message, you have my support.

Sharon
On 8/23/2014 3:34 PM, Phil Scovell wrote:
I'm sorry to announce we lost a subscriber who emailed me to be removed from the List.  I'm telling you now so you won't wonder where Grant went.  I had talked with him on the phone and asked him a few weeks ago to start a Bible Study type conversation on the list because Grant is one of the best theological sound Christians I know and he also documents everything by the Word.  His feeling was that he didn't get much response to his posting and that the list had decayed into addressing the Bible by feelings and not the Word.  I suspect there was more to it than that but I'm sad to see him leave anyway.  I felt the Lord telling me to ask Grant to begin a Bible study with us and that alone, of course, I felt was the voice of the Lord encouraging me to ask him to lead a Bible study.  He said more about why he was leaving but I let that go.  Needless to say, Grant is a great man of God and I hope he returns soon.

Phil.