Oko, my condolences to the related families and friends of Maw. He was a constant fixture at our house in Gambia. It is as if am seeing his smiling face and and his passion for music and composing. May he rest in peace. Maasah!

Joe

Date: Wed, 17 Apr 2013 17:12:59 -0700
From: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [G_L] Obituar y/ Mawdo Sey
To: [log in to unmask]

I regretfully wish to inform friends, family, love ones and music, culture and patriots of Gambian virtues that my Dear Brother aand good friend Mawdo Sey commonly known as Maw, a Gambian living in of Stockholm and singer with Ifang-bondi passed away this evening of the 18th day of April in Stockholm. He had a stroke while he was on holiday in Banjul. He was transported last Friday from Banjul to Sweden. Mawdo Sey originated from the family house of the Grand marabouts of Tivovone i.e: Algaji Malick Sey and Alhaji Abdul Aziz and Alhagi Seihou Sey Of Tevovene in Senegal. His Mom is Ya Ndye Jow.He was a devout Muslim and an artists of the highest order. As a composer and songwriter he composed the TV Anthem called "Chinn" (Toga bu Raree neh) and many more song and music with Paps Touray, Kebba Taylor and many other musicians both in Europe and Africa. He was loved by many and will be missed by many.His children live in Sweden and the rest of his family in The Gambia.Mawdo was socially active and have highly respectful not to mention his friendliness. I want you all who read this message to pray for him to God almighty to grant him a peaceful rest in heaven.

May his soul rest in perfect peace.
Oko Drammeh
002207732786
いいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいいい