My little brother, Joe,  had someone program Siri so it actually says his name. lol.

I also really want an iPhone 4S so badly!

Pat Ferguson
At 05:40 PM 3/22/2012, you wrote:
Phil.
That's hilarious!  Jeremy asked Siri to marry him, and she said that's not in her end license agreement!  LOL.
Jenifer Gilley
email
MSN:
From: Phil Scovell
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, March 22, 2012 5:57 PM
Subject: iPhone 4S

I may have mentioned this first thing before on echurch but when I got the iPhone 4S and learned a little about how to use siri, I had an astonishing experience first thing.  By the way, siri is apart of the iPhone 4S whereby you can speak into the phone while holding down a button and do all types of verbal commands including searching the internet for anything you speak.  You can ask siri, "How far am I from the moon," and it will search your location, hunt the web, and within seconds tell you how many miles it is to the moon.  You can ask for pizza joints within 3 miles of your home and a list comes up with phone numbers and addresses.  You can GPS mode and walk, or drive, while the phone gives you directions.  I use siri mostly to register appointments, time and date and the like, or to ask about the current weather report, or to send a text message.  When doing that, the iPhone will convert your speech into text and send the message.  Anyhow, one of the first times I went to use it, I held the talk button down, and when the phone beeped for me to start speaking, before I could say a word, one of our dog's name Jack barked just once from about 40 feet away.  Jack is a miniature pincher.  I let up on the button without asking siri to do anything and the voice synthesizer said, "Hey, hi."  I felt the touch screen until I found the text to be sure and it was exactly what I said it was; "Hey, hi."  I don't know if it was answering Jack or if Jack's bark was "Hey, hi."  Haha.  Maybe the new iPhones can speak dog talk, too.

The second unusual thing happened today.  Brad had told me about a program called iBird which covers either all the United States or you can by 5 dollar programs for your area of the U S so I bought the western iBird program and it has 826 bird calls with information about each bird.  It pretty much covers Colorado and all points west.  I went out on our deck this afternoon and took out my phone.  I looked up Mountain Chickadee, which is what we call it here, but couldn't find it so I just looked under chickadee and found a listing called chickadee, black cat.  I pressed it and told it to play.  The mountain chickadee is basically a two tone song.  It is a high pitched whistle with the second note following but a few notes further down the scale but not far; maybe one note lower.  I can whistle that high so occasionally try and get one to answer but being in town, they don't often come into the city.  This time, playing through my speaker phone, it was quite loud and it was the higher lower tone version; exactly what I wanted.  It played for about 5 seconds, maybe 4 repetitions of it's song, and suddenly, from a long ways away, a real mountain chickadee answered.  He was flying because the song was going all over the place.  I kept playing the song from my phone and the real bird flew right over my yard and very close, maybe within 100 feet away and 30 feet from the ground.  I stopped the phone and waited a few minutes and then repeated the whole thing.  The bird that had gone quiet, started up again and once again flew over my yard answering my phone.  I tried it again, after a few minutes of total silence, and sure enough, the real mountain chickadee answered and started flying around the neighborhood looking from me.  I heard a robin so I dialed that up but the robin didn't answer.  I have a blue jay and we have those here, so I'll have to try that one some day.  We have different mocking birds, too, and that's on my phone so I bet I can get one of those to answer because they are very common around here.  They sound like crow calls most of the time but in captivity, they can be taught how to talk and whistle like a parrot.  I know.  We had a friend in western Colorado who caught one and taught him to talk and say all sorts of things.

Phil.