Please stop picking headlines and making big deals out of them. It says
over 50% above poverty, using what criterion? In fact, if you compare us to
our neighbors and others in the sub region, we are in the same group. The
50% I believe is referring the $2 a day mark, because the last time I read
poverty lines using the widely used $1 mark (~$1.25), about 33% are below
poverty. This is comparable to rates in Ghana and Senegal, and above the
two Guineas, Sierra Leone, Mali, Niger, Nigeria etc.