Musa
If Halifa is not willing to lead, there will be no waste of time with Agenda
2011. That document was all a clear open show of intent in Halifa's part to
be considered. If he isn't interested in becoming the third President of the
Gambia, NADD wouldn't have fallen apart.
So let us stop misconstruing what is clear as a daylight. Halifa want to
become the President of the Gambia. In principle, that is his right. In
Coalition terms, we say he lacks the popularity and appeal to gain mass
votes, this is why, he should accept first the majority part doctrine. His
refusal to acknowledge, and accept that has driven him to invent every
possible idea just to pretend that, some how, the Gorilla is stooping him
achieving his main aims.
And the UDP if you Musa will accept reality have accommodated Halifa's
ambitions, but when clear dishonesty manifested, we pulled out. And again,
the same postures is seen playing out.
Halifa was in radio freedom saying 'He will not consider himself for
contesting this election or neither will PDOIS', few days later, a Central
committee press statement'. what is what?
Again, if we approach PDOIS and Sedia said, they are not interested in
talking but that, UDP should go and sell Agenda 2011, what does that mean
our strategist Musa?
Who did Halifa consult before coming out with the Agenda. If indeed he is
not interested in becoming the President, he would have consulted all the
opposition leaders, discuss with them his intention to write something with
their contribution and then it can be delivered at a conference or some sort
of meeting. But what did he do?
And did you even understand the themes of Agenda 2011 Musa?
The paper actually does not pay any attention to the existing opposition
figures, it went on to say, any Gambian can sell his idea and then contest
primaries with whoever agree with it.
Now, do you think that is something giving due regards to those Halifa new
are solidly recognised has the opposition parties of the Gambia? And why
didn't he consider talking with others like we did.
If you guys means, we should twist the hands of other opposition leaders,
that is out of the topic. All we did is what other major opposition parties
did, that invite the leaders for talk. We held talks with others, and they
say, they want to do it by themselves. Therefore, we will continue to
consider all option to open an avenue for talks.
But we are not under any elution that, somehow certain individuals will
accept the reality on the ground or say it when it matters.
Suntou