I attempted to talk to the forman on the job about the various reasons what we were doing was a waste of time and money, and that there was no way that the end product would be a good thing.  He refused to hear me over the chain saw that he was using to cut through the timbers he could not easily dislodge.

I have no idea if the customer ever tried to assemble to the building again, and i have of filed the whole experience as a job i wish i had not been a part of, and i try not to think about it.

-David Follett

On Thu, Jul 7, 2011 at 6:11 PM, <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
yep, thanks. Similar to Laing Stores...

-----Original Message-----
From: MetHistory <[log in to unmask]>
To: BULLAMANKA-PINHEADS <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Thu, Jul 7, 2011 5:25 pm
Subject: Re: [BP] query about restyling 18th C houses

In a message dated 7/7/2011 5:05:13 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Any old entity will do. House, barn, corn crib, etc.

LPC claimed salvage rights to two separate cast iron facades, one on Worth Street, lost both of them.

Does that  count?

"Three weeks after a recent inquiry to the commission about the Thomas-Worth Street facades, its response was that it had never received any such facade."

--

To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html