Demba, that is very true , let them come out early and voice out the problem, so that people will take immediate actions. I know many Gambians in UK presently , who are facing similar situation. Though  is their privacy, for people and amnesty international to come to their rescue on time , early information will be pivotal. As you have just put "learning great lessons through unfortunate cases-----"

Therefore, I think what we need now is proactive groups both in the Gambia and in the Diaspora that will take on the brutish government.  I vehemently believed that this will have an impact  .

Thanks,

From: Demba Baldeh <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Tue, July 13, 2010 2:03:37 PM
Subject: Re: Pa Modou Bojang's deportation order postponed

Hey guys,

Encouraging developments to say the least... let's keep the pressure and continue to educate the international community of the plight of our people and what they have to go through... it is evident that some government's are still not fully informed of the conditions on the ground in Banjul...

We are learning great lessons through these unfortunate cases but in every bitter experience we should come out more prepared for the next episode...

Please! Please! encourage our brothers and sisters who are under going such process to engage the relevant parties early on so we can better serve their needs...

We need to educate our colleagues and fellow citizens that they don't have to wait until things get out of control to engage parties who can effectively handle such cases confidentially... we certainly understand the need for privacy!!!!

Educate educate and educate!!!

Thanks

Demba

On Tue, Jul 13, 2010 at 8:46 AM, Banura Samba <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
Thank you Karim and all who have taken part in ensuring Pa Modou's deportation is postponed. Pa is a fine dude whom I know for the past 15 years.

Your actions speaks volumes and it indicated solidarity and love for one another. This is the type of proactive groups we need both in Gambia and in the diaspora , to take on the dictator, Jammeh.

Thanks.

From: abdoukarim sanneh <[log in to unmask]> Sent: Tue, July 13, 2010 8:29:33 AM

Subject: Pa Modou Bojang's deportation order postponed

Folks
I have today received message from National Anti Deportation Coalition that Pa Modou Bojang's schedule for Banjul International Airport on the 15th July is postpone. Would like to thank Paul Dillane and West Africa Team at Amnesty International, National Anti-Deportation Coalition and National Union of Journalist UK. For Pa Modou Bojang's case any Gambian who want to let please E-mail to the Lawyer- [log in to unmask]
On behalf of Pa Modou, I want to thank concern Gambian who have speak to Amnesty International, Pa Modou Bojang and his lawyer. To mentioned - Abdulai Jobe, Yaya Dampha, Sarata Jabbi Dibba, Ansu Koroma, Saikou Mballow, Mai Fatty, Ebrima Sillah, Essa Sey, Demba Baldeh, NB Daffeh, Suntou Touray, Sarjo Bayang, Pa Nderry Mbai, Mathrew Jallow and others.
Given that the deporatation order is postoned we still have a lot to do. Pa Modou Bojang's lawyer, Mr Kelechi Nwaiwu is really proactive and my respect.