Exactly what I thought, much better expressed.

Ralph

In a message dated 6/25/2010 6:32:36 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:

I vote bullshit
I second. It defies any thrifty logic to think that our forebears would spend the time and energy to fabricate a door that was used only to haul a corpse out of the house every 25 years.
Proveittometwybil

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thu, Jun 24, 2010 10:54 pm
Subject: Re: [BP] Front door(s)

In a message dated 6/24/2010 8:23:03 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
What, pray tell, is a mourning door?
for moving a casket out of a parlor

And why (and how) is this door different from all other doors?  Are members of the non-deceased community enjoined from using such a door except in the course of pall-bearing?  I didn't think so. I vote bullshit. But will strike my runny colors if you provide a period reference to this.

Ralph

--

To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html