That seems to be the way, many also have a specific plinth height if sculpted with a dimensional perspective, again, balanced

Good luck

James

From: The listserv where the buildings do the talking [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of David West
Sent: March 1, 2010 12:59 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BP] design of traditional statue plinths

Thanks James – that thought has crossed my mind as well – but it would have been nice to find the ‘golden rule’ for statue plinth design!

The feedback we’ve had from the various places we’ve gone suggests that the design of the plinth might often have been carried out in accordance with classical principles, but that there is no specific relationship between the dimensions of the plinth and the dimensions of the statue, other than the subjective “they must balance each other”.

David West

Executive Director

internationalconservationservices

T:     +61 (2) 9417 3311