Ralph,

You could be right, and it will most certainly be set crooked. He was a dear friend and neighbor (showed me how to turn my bike handlebars upside down so my bike looked cool) and it will be a sight line for me.

Tw.

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, Mar 26, 2010 8:32 pm
Subject: Re: [BP] Drifting along with the tumbling Jerusalem tumbled stone

yeah, I can do the arc, but can't seem to find a definitive cardinal point prognosticator for sunrise. Wish I was an Egyptian.
Maybe you can walk like one.

I'd forget about the solar alignment. It's a nice idea, but my guess is it's more trouble than it's worth, and the chances are small of anybody being up at dawn on that sad day and noticing the alignment.    Align it with something closer, more readily apparent, and immovable, and They won't wonder why the thing was set crooked.

Ralph

--

To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html