Thank you Leland. Will do.

Twybil

-----Original Message-----
From: Leland Torrence <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Sun, Jan 17, 2010 9:37 am
Subject: Re: [BP] Haiti

Hello my friends,
As many of you know, I spent many months over a ten year period in Haiti.  The current devastation is difficult to watch, but is more a horrible continuation of bad luck and neglect.
The Hospital Albert Schweitzer in Haiti is well outside of Port au Prince and was not destroyed or damaged.  But as people pour out of the capital to safer ground and for help, the demands on the hospital are overwhelming. So that's where we can help: Any money we can send them will be efficiently used for medicines, supplies and services.  I have been there several times, and done work for the foundation, as has my brother Corbett.  My mother and step father did volunteer work there some years back, as have many friends and associates.  To send money to the country and interior areas may be the most effective use of funds at this time.

Dying young is the way of life in Haiti.  The two children, I supported for years, are both dead, but well before the hurricanes of last year and this recent catastrophe.  Please send money, whatever amount, and try to make it something you do every year.

Here is the website for the hospital.

http://www.hashaiti.org/  and  the blog for daily updates is hashaiti.blogspot.com

Checks can be sent to: Hopital Albert Schweitzer Haiti, P.O. Box 81046, Pittsburgh, PA 15217,
where funds can be put to work immediately.

I abhor solicitations, but please, do not wait, put a check in an envelope now.

Thank you,
Leland

--

To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html