fake
>  brick, Garden State Brick Face (stucco made to look like brick), or z-brick,
>  or brick panel walls
not preservation-accepted, correct?

I understand that there is a movement to preserve Permastone, that delightful faux stone equivalent to Garden State Brick Face.  I don't see why faux brick won't be historically significant in the near future, too.  If a significant alteration such as Garden State Brick Face is 50+ years old, it is accepted in some preservation camps.  Not that I'm a huge advocate of preserving it, but I can see it being deemed significant at some point soon.  Caen stone is preserved all the time, and that is faux stone.