From: bailo jallow <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wed, Dec 16, 2009 7:51 pm
Subject: Re: Maybe you can better appreciate La-Guinea's significance to West Africa if I share this map with you.

Malanding,

Maybe you are a Jahankeh and are therefore biased, that is why you ascribed the non-violence method of spreading Islam to them and the violence method to the foutankas.

The soninkes/kabunkas were highly resistant of change especially when it comes to abandoning palm-wine drinking. The foutankas suggest to the them that they substitute their fondness of fresh palmwine for fresh cowmilk but the latter won't hear it. Instead the nianchos in particular among the kabunkas/soninkes resorted to chopping the head of any foutanka who dare suggest that to them or preach to them about the one true God. The foutankas had no choice but to resort to a military strategy. That is the real version of history.

Haruna, i don't want to hear your version.

Evian Bailo