I am so happy for Melissa's reply regarding the door frames.  It may be of use in discussions with the management decision makers.

Of course, since she already partly qualifies by being more than 25 miles from here, I will need a picture of her with a case of slides to help prove she is an expert.

cp in bc
----- Original Message -----
From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, December 14, 2009 9:58 PM
Subject: Re: [BP] Thank you - burnt furniture post

Go figure.   Christopher

In a message dated 12/13/2009 1:20:45 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
Dear Mr. Gray,

A belated thank you for your comments to the Dist List on furniture damaged by fire.  My query was on behalf of an American burnt arm chair which is, so I'm told, worthy of the effort to retain what's left without restoring what's lost.  I appreciate the perspective on charred door frames - unless they were carved by McIntire or Gibbons I'd be replacing them too.

Thanks again.

Melissa H. Carr
Masterwork Conservation
69 Webcowet Road