Yep, that would be part of the behaviour.

Essentially, the terracotta skin can end up in compression - and like
anything that is under compression, sudden relief of that compressive
load (stress) by cutting out a unit can lead to cracking of other
adjacent portions of the system.

David West

Executive Director

internationalconservationservices

T:     +61 (2) 9417 3311

M:    +61 (411) 692 696

E:     [log in to unmask] <mailto:[log in to unmask]>

W:    www.icssydney.com <http://www.icssydney.com/>

sustaining your heritage