From: The listserv where the buildings do the talking <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask] <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sat Apr 04 13:07:19 2009
Subject: [BP] At age 79, who wouldn't be leaking?

A 1930 apartment house stands across from me, on 89th Street - Schwartz & Gross designed it for the Tishmans.   Last year the bricks over the lintels were cut out, two and three rows high (remember the sagging swing stage?)  and put back.    Mortar matching was poor to non-existent, as it happens.

This winter I have noticed some efflorescence on perhaps one in three of the patches, ranging from one or two bricks' worth, to most of the run.  Normal post-construction, or avoidable?

Christopher

Hurry! April 15th is almost here. File your Federal taxes FREE with TaxACT. <http://pr.atwola.com/promoclk/100126575x1220239440x1201335902/aol?redir=http:%2F%2Fwww.taxact.com%2F08tax.asp%3Fsc%3D084102950001%26p%3D82>
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html *Please vote for ICORS every 24 hours* http://www.lsoft.com/news/choicevote.asp