[log in to unmask] wrote:

>     And yes, it seems some guy dumped a WW2 plane in our neighborhood
>     over the weekend.
>
> It was a P-40, aka Warhawk, used by Chennault in Flying Tigers. Also
> see in movie "Pearl Harbor".  The real story (wiki) seems much more
> interesting than the movie:
Oh, gosh a P-40, that is a shame. It is a small group of fliers out of
Brookhaven Airport. I will be curious to hear more about the pilot. In
the summer they fly biplanes out of the airport with advertising banners
that they run over the beach. Many commercial pilots get their start w/
accumulation of flight hours out here. There is also some fellow that
practices his aerobatics out over the Atlantic on really nice summer days.

][<

--

*Please vote for ICORS every 24 hours* <http://www.lsoft.com/news/choicevote.asp>