From: EASI's Library Accessibility Discussion List [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Adina Joyce Mulliken
Sent: Tuesday, April 07, 2009 11:31 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: info about disability cultural centers at academic institutions?

Hello,

My University is planning to start a disability cultural center and we are looking for examples of similar centers at other higher ed institutions.  If you know of a college or university that has something like this, could you let me know?  Our idea (as I understand it so far) is to have something separate from the typical services already offered by Office of Disability Services, such as accessible testing, textbooks, etc.  The cultural center would be more along the lines of Women’s Centers on university campuses, and would include programming about disability issues, etc.

Thanks for your help!!

-Adina

Adina Mulliken

Reference Librarian, Social Work, CFS, MFT, Aging

Library Disability Services

Interim for East Asia & CSD

Bird Library

Phone: 315-443-9519

--------------------------- Check out EASI New Synchronous Clinics: http://easi.cc/clinic.htm EASI Home Page http://www.rit.edu/~easi Online courses and Clinics http://easi.cc/workshop.htm Check the EASI Library Web http://www.rit.edu/~easi/lib.htm >>> Error in line 8 of AXSLIB-L.MAILTPL: unknown formatting command <<< -> . . . . . . . . . <-