Increasingly, get it on the web, preferably at no charge, seems to be where it is at.

Google is becoming all pervasive.

The challenge is how to tweak the current service-providers’ model so that instead of them working from a base of assuming that nobody else can find the knowledge, and therefore they can sell their services to clients, they are instead assuming that everybody can access the knowledge, but what clients want is service-providers who can determine which knowledge is relevant and provide direction in the particular situation.

This will be a paradigm shift, and we’re not there yet.  I know that individuals may feel that this is how they’ve always worked, but the general environment doesn’t seem to be there yet … otherwise we’d be much more interested in Open Source and publishing all our reports via the web …

David West

Executive Director

internationalconservationservices

T:     +61 (2) 9417 3311