Been there, done that. One time I leaned my elbow against a wall in order to steady myself and the bricks fell out of the wall. That was not an area indicated for repair.

At one point in the work, I poked a stick all the way through the wall into the room inside. It was pretty scary.

Tw?

-----Original Message-----
From: Gabriel Orgrease <[log in to unmask]>
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 6 Feb 2009 5:09 am
Subject: Re: [BP] Removal of cement render re-restoration

[log in to unmask] wrote:

Great portions of once the?lime-rich mortar in the walls poured out as only sand - the lime having migrated to the interior. In some cases?the contractor only had to tap the bricks then pull them out by hand.

Been there, done that. One time I leaned my elbow against a wall in order to steady myself and the bricks fell out of the wall. That was not an area indicated for repair.

][<en
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: *Please vote for ICORS every 24 hours*

--

*Please vote for ICORS every 24 hours* <http://www.lsoft.com/news/choicevote.asp>