From: The listserv where the buildings do the talking [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Monday, January 26, 2009 4:43 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BP] New brick thread

Okay, boys and girls, I may have a project which will require replacement of decorative  clinker brick belt courses, sloped copings, and window surrounds in rubble stone (over terracotta block) walls built apparently in the 1920's, in north Joisey.  The existing clinker brick is in fair to poor condition, making me think it's inherently a defective product, in addition to being picturesque.  Much of the brick is also sloped, further exposing it to water penetration.

Am I right about clinkers being inherently defective, or is there sound clinker brick?  Anybody got a currently-available source of good clinker brick?  If they're good, are they still clinkers?

Ralph -- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html

The information in this email and any attachments may contain

confidential information that is intended solely for the

attention and use of the named addressee(s). This message or

any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed

or retained by any person without authorization from the

addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please

notify the sender immediately, and delete this message.