It's probably originally set up in that way for that document.  You need to go
into Jaws verbosity Settings and turn language detection off.

Steve, K8SP
----- Original Message -----
From: "T Behler" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Sunday, November 02, 2008 6:35 PM
Subject: Off Topic: quick Jaws Question

Hi, all.

I know this is "off topic", so it'd probably be best if folks reply off
list.

I have a particular document here that, whenever I read it with Jaws, it
speaks in a foreign dialect of some sort.  All I know is it sure isn't
English.

So far as I know, it is a word document, but something is telling Jaws to
speak non-English.

The document was prepared at an American University.

I have never encountered this before.

Is there something I need to change in Jaws so it will accurately read this
file?

Please reply off list at:

Thanks, and 73 from Tom Behler:  KB8TYJ