From: The listserv where the buildings do the talking [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Friday, August 01, 2008 11:00 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BP] Parquet floor

Overflow onto 1950s parquet floor in New York City apartment by 90 year old mother who could have, ten years ago, run my entire office operation while doing the crossword, blindfolded.  Standing water for several hours, then mopped up. Floor still damp, but no evident warping at the moment (24 hours later).

Is the recommendation to let the floor dry slowly, with adequate but not forced ventilation?  Or to bring in a powerful fan (no heat) to dry it as quickly as possible?

Yrs Aquarius

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html

The information in this email and any attachments may contain

confidential information that is intended solely for the

attention and use of the named addressee(s). This message or

any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed

or retained by any person without authorization from the

addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please

notify the sender immediately, and delete this message.