The glorious fourth passed peacefully in Bass river ;
a parade of old cars and fire trucks ;
with watermellon kids spitting seeds;
skittering  under  mini skirts
 to fife and drum  they did march
 under the shadow of the old town kirk
past smiling faces and drooling babies
snapping flags and  aging vets
were  Uncle sam and bright brass bands
Americana and Barak Obama
summers  home at last... Py

Marine on 47th St. I think you are in the "gee, wish this was attached to a 40' sloop" crowd now. I use spar varnish on my (oak) front doors in Brooklyn, and they stay ok for two years. I think that might be the best you can get. Rubbed oil finish is another animal all together, and requires more maintenance. Twybil Eric, Before you buy out West Marine's supply of spar varnish and schmear it all over the place, I'd try a small sample on your deck and railings (or whatever). There may be incompatibility between the "brazilian oil finish," whatever the hell that is, and the spar and/or polyurethane varnish you think you want. You don't want the new finish coming off in sheets, or festering away for the Supreme Authority (or your client, as the case may be) to bitch at you about forever. But you knew all that already. Ralph **************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars. (_http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007_ (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007) ) -- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: The information in this email and any attachments may contain confidential information that is intended solely for the attention and use of the named addressee(s). This message or any part thereof must not be disclosed, copied, distributed or retained by any person without authorization from the addressee. If you are not the intended addressee, please notify the sender immediately, and delete this message. -- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html **************Gas prices getting you down? Search AOL Autos for fuel-efficient used cars. (http://autos.aol.com/used?ncid=aolaut00050000000007) -- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: -------------------------------1214993289 Content-Type: text/html; charset="US-ASCII" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable
Penofin?  Nevah hoid of it. But I have a feeling I'm about to.

Ralph

In a message dated 7/1/2008 11:50:49 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,=20 [log in to unmask] writes:
Thanks Ralph
I actually prefer an oil, not varnish so= was=20 headed for the Pentathol.  I-I-I mean=20 Penofin!

Thanks,

Eric Hammarberg
Vice=20 President
Thornton Tomasetti
51 Madison Avenue
New York, NY = =20 10010
T 917.661.7800  F 917.661.7801
D=20 917.661.8160

This messag= e=20 sent from Treo, please pardon spelling and other=20 mistakes.