From:   [log in to unmask] [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent:   Sunday, December 02, 2007 02:15 PM Eastern Standard Time
To:     [log in to unmask]
Subject:        Re: [BP] one if by mud two if by adhesive

Ralph writes
So be grateful the stupid architect
is willing to put  the anchors in, set them before the membrane goes in (or
drill thru the  membrane, set the anchors in epoxy, and then put down the
mortar
bed and the  precast with horiz pins thru the head joints and the eyes in
the
anchors.   Maybe you can convince the genius architect  to let  you use
asphalt-coated copper flashing so there's a CHANCE of some  bonding between
mortar
and flashing.   But you knew all  this. Ralph
 Kind sir
There was a setter I used to work high rises with in the city as a young man
not a day went by when he used to say ....".The older I get ;the less I know
";
I didn't really get what he meant ..but I get it now
 A.
      The owner I feel wants the stone anchored to the roof ;
B.    I am happy with hoizontal pins but use of such means its not anchored
to the roof
C.......its the setting bed that has me thinking perhaps alternatives like
adhesive laid to the fire and ice sheild then to stone  then shim and set
  or even asphaltic tar  which is a  mortar and tar like they used in 19th
cent  .
                                          stinking of you  Py

Check out AOL's list of 2007's hottest
products.