From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, December 27, 2007 12:05 PM
Subject: [BP] If anyone ever asks you why bother hiring an architect...

In a message dated 12/27/2007 2:47:36 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
The Collections Management Plan was that a certain number of books would always be out on loan, so the
number of shelves was adequate to stack all the books currently inside the library.   However, the loan patterns were always shifting.    Arriving for work Saturday morning, we  would find a note left by the Collections Manager saying, "Move the middle  three rows of West 7 to the first three rows of South 2, then move the last  two rows of North 3 to space on the middle rows of West 7."   We would  gather as many books as would fit between our outstretched hands and our  chins and waddle up and down from floor to floor in that elevatorless  historic building. .
...tell them about this.        yrs Sempronius

See AOL's top rated recipes and easy ways to stay in shape for winter.
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html