]K-
The one that I return to alot is the Weald and Downland, which got me thinking about it a long time ago - then this Wmsb'g thread. Can we get a grant from the International Endowment for the Arse to do an Open Air Museum Zagat Authenticity study? No stuendent, only demented adults...

Twybil

-----Original Message-----
From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 11 May 2007 6:39 PM
Subject: Re: [BP] Universe-sell Studios Visit - without umbrella

[log in to unmask] wrote:

> Has anyone compiled a directory of open-air museums around the world?

Here I wold have thot u had done it.
I like the word Skansen.
When I was at one I was shown a tall stout pole in the ground that I was told for entertainment in the village they would put a bottle of vodka at the top, grease the pole, then challenge the youth to skinny up it.
I asked if I could try that and was told no.
So back to the history channel and myth busters.

In countries and regions where poverty is prevalent, respective of US standards of affluence, are open-air museums inherently more authentic in their traditional craft detail?
I am reminded of the delicate paper cutouts nailed to the floor joists overhead.
I am also reminded of the heads of finishing nails in the Skansen nearby to the Wiking Inn at Bialystock. Boy, was that ever a hoot!

For some reason on the otherlist that c got disrespect on nobody wants to talk w/ me about racial bigotry in respect of histo presto in Rwanda. Did I get excommunicated from mainstream historic preservation once again?

][<en

--
<http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html