Ken

From: The Listserv that makes holes in Manhattan schist for free!
Sent: Sunday, May 20, 2007 1:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [BP] lime wars and cement

Brian and Ken write this down and put it in your library

APT Bullentine  X ....no .3 ...1979
History of cement in 19th cent . fortifications and construction
Royal engineers  Andrew Powter

a definitive look at early concrete in which the Americans were trying to
follow
there might not of been an American hydralic lime mortar per se but the
technology and the knowledge was there to cetainly mimic it before Portland
; this is the best refrence I have found regarding fortification and the
whys and wherefores and use of early mortar ; and I use it as a refrence
for an understanding of  American fortification   for  methods and materials
Py

See what's free at http://www.aol.com.

-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the
http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html