From: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">Kathy Du Bois
To: [log in to unmask] href="mailto:[log in to unmask]">[log in to unmask]
Sent: Saturday, December 30, 2006 6:09 PM
Subject: The way it is in Maine

Hi Guys,
        Well, Chris is skating on pretty thin ice with us.  He’s back with Nicky and, so far, he has taken advantage of our providing a roof over his head to do more to pursue getting together with her than getting a job.  He’s also starting to be a bit more like he was when he was  a dependent miner, so, I don’t expect him to be remaining here much longer.  I believe that it would be truthful to say that he has worn out his welcome everywhere else, so his alternatives are pretty slim, but we’ll just have to see.  We made him sleep out on the streets this last Wednesday evening because of his lying and disrespectful behavior.  There’s a lot more to it, but why bother with details.  It’s enough to say that he hasn’t changed much, but at least now, we don’t have to put up with it.
        By the way, if you guys could keep my dad in your prayers, he had a couple falls over Christmas and fractured his hip right below the ball.  He’s undergoing hip replacement surgery, as I type.  There’s nothing like trying to find things to do to keep your mind preoccupied and not worry, when you’re waiting to here the results of a surgery that is happening more than 1,200 miles away.  I guess that I’m just burning off energy.
        The rest of my Christmas has been very quiet and uneventful.  Thank you, Lord!  Although, it does sound like all you guys in Denver are having loads of fun!  (GRIN!)  You don’t have to share though.  I don’t mind.  Just remember, it’s Helen that wants the snow, not me.  She’s one state to the south so be careful how you aim that stuff, okay!
God bless, and, if I don’t get much of a chance to say it again, let me be the first to say, “Happy New Year!”  Wow, I did it early!  Amazing!
Kathy