From: [log in to unmask]
To: [log in to unmask]
Sent: Fri, 29 Dec 2006 11:17 AM
Subject: [BP] Cornice Restoration

Cornice ? didn't I date her in high school ?

Ok Ok ...Timely conversation  I just recently got back from a church meeting

..1920"s church (english Gothic)  has existing copper metal boxed copings,
pin holes in top of metal  with some leakage ;but basically stout and sound.

Possible scope:
  restore in place ,  lift off put down fire and ice shield flashing
then  how to repair or strengthen original coping  top?   with second piece of metal ?
with flashing inside the original ?

Basically I would like to keep the historic original , They are custom fit , workmanship is tight ,sides are all in good shape
but its time to repair or replace  the top

.

The only wear i see is the coping top .
and these are one piece units going from the apex  to the springer
and buttress return.    (or 30 ft units)..

I am doing the stone work , it will be sring before we start , but they are looking to me for answers on metal ,plastic  to  keep or to  restore /// any helpful advice
gets you an invite to hear some blues in the Delta ...
Best wishes for the New year  Py
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html