IF his computer is operating without any other issues, he can try
turning off the restore feature, restarting the computer, turning on the
restore feature and then creating a restore point. He can then try a
restore. Even if the restore does not work, he is no worse off and has
gained some free disk space.

Tom Mayer

Dean Kukral wrote:
> A friend of mine, who is using XP Home, is unable to get System Restore to
> work.
>
> He says that he has used it frequently in the past, but this time when he
> clicks on the restoration point, it starts up and then tells him that it is
> unable to restore.
>
> If anyone has any suggestions for him, I will pass them on.
>
> Dean Kukral

                 our special coffee mugs and mouse pads