The Hyatt is right on the loop, and Michigan Ave.
-----Original Message-----
From: B-P Golden Oldies: "The listserv troubled by a bad conscience and a good memory." [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, August 03, 2006 11:41 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BP] looking for a hotel in chicago with views

In a message dated 8/3/2006 11:29:37 P.M. Eastern Standard Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
of lake michigan, to get my daughter enthusiastic about going to college there.

anyone?

From my days visiting the Holy City with That Woman, a native thereof, the Drake had nice views of lake and park ( I was never inside the Drake, but remember looking from the outside.)  You might look in the Lincoln Park area, too; nice park and lake views, and the area's somewhat [Greenwich] Village-like, as opposed to The Loop which tends toward the corporate and commercial.

Take her to see the Charnley House, Unity Temple and the FLW Home and Studio.  I never made it to Robie, but did see the then [1980]-freshly-restored Richardson Glessner House.  Lotsa neat buildings in Chicago, but even That Woman admitted after a couple of years that it was indeed colder there than it is here.  In the winter.

have fun.

Ralph
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html