On 27 Apr 2006 at 17:24, Mark Shaw wrote:

> XP does not see the onboard ethernet.
<snip>
> Note that when I installed XP the ethernet port was disabled. I have
> since enabled it in the BIOS and rebooted. Also I have not yet
> installed anything from the ASUS CD - I want to get a clean update of
> XP first.

  You will need to install the nVidia Ethernet drivers, which should be on
the Asus CD.

> The ethernet port is an NVIDIA design, but that's about all I know
> about it.  I understand there have been some issues with these -
> should I perhaps just forget the onboard ethernet and go out and get
> myself a NIC?

  My onboard nVidia Ethernet appeared to die within a month, but I've come
to suspect that the failure might actually be in some of the accompanying
nVidia utilities.  I installed a separate NIC and it has performed
flawlessly.

David Gillett

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com