Amazing maybe if the structure were built with true masonry walls rather than the lick’em stick’em style veneer.

What’s more amazing (to me) is the fact that the continuing slide into more vulnerable structures exists when the methods to build more durable buildings are evident in the buildings that are torn down in the name of progress (read as replacing with buildings with modern mechanicals). How much further ahead would we be if we had spent the time and energy (money) developing better ways to incorporate modern wiring, plumbing and HVAC into the durable buildings?

Obviously the issue of energy efficiency comes into play, but that issue is so blown out of proportion by the gluttony (read as fat assed greed) of the “energy” suppliers that we have no good way of keeping it in perspective.

Soap box is open,

Rudy

Ps;

HAPPY EASTER!