Cuyler:

 I've seen it one time like that, back in the mid seventies, in upstate N.Y., it went on all night long, absolutely amazing.

jf in tx
-----Original Message-----
From: B-P on ICORS: The Orange Blaze/Texas Funeral Home Commission [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of Cuyler Page
Sent: Tuesday, February 28, 2006 11:57 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BP] SORRY, I MEAN TOP POSTING IS THE CORRECT FORM, ONLY

Northern lights here are often enough and varied enough that I can say that I saw them before I died.   They are not like further North where the great pictures are made, but some memorable life moments were; 1) half of the sky full of white popping flashes like a thousand paparazzi shooting each other, 2) a giant pink rosette of concentric circles with the centre directly overhead looking down like the biggest Jackson Perkins rose you ever saw, with floret petals ever emerging from the centre, 3) a tall narrow wall of intense pale greenish light so bright that the reflection off the mirror-like lake I was driving beside was as bright and visually distracting as if it were from a full moon, lighting up the landscape and creating shadows.   This isn't National Geographic country, but when it happens, wow.

cp in bc
(where they come down from the top)
how are northern lights there.  want to see northern lights before i die.  now i can't remember if bottom posting is better than top posting.  Dan?
-- To terminate puerile preservation prattling among pals and the uncoffee-ed, or to change your settings, go to: http://listserv.icors.org/archives/bullamanka-pinheads.html