From: The listserv that takes flossing seriously! [mailto:[log in to unmask]]On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, January 05, 2006 1:24 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BP] Question and ?

Jim,
Thanks. The feeds into the J-M NuArk panels are run in the woven sheathing (with mica embedded in it)used to make bends in knob and tube system.  If NuArk was a Westinghouse product, my head will explode (I can hear Sharpshooter now), since the panels are definitely J-M.  To make matters worse, it appears from the Natl Electrical Code that knob and tune was still legal as late as 1971--but where anybody would buy components, I don't know. 1929 Sweets doesn't show any knob and tube components from any manufacturers, but does show BX.
Ralph