From: The listserv which takes flossing seriously! [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Thursday, September 01, 2005 9:53 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BP] Mississippi

Wife and child ok

lost a lot of trees and lost power

no cooking and no phones

House survived but just , lost my 110 yr old wisdom tree 60 ft with a 5 ft base Just missed Peanuts room

sleeping in no a/ac but so is everyone else ..there is a run on gas and ammo just now

were the lucky ones

pray for New Orleans ,,,Biloxi too 100,000 people on the move  Marshall law must be declared ..orders are pending to  get the press out and get the job done ..(we do not want to see those images)

more later after we can access and get a plan on the basics

PS

Historic Beavoir Library survived so did much of Natchez ,the classic ante bellum costal homes including Frank Lloyd Wright cottage for Louis Sullivan are gone

unsure of the  Museums in Ocean Springs

The Southern Baptist church who I have never been a fan of , has stepped up to the plate and is providing clothes and medical and humanitarian assistance through their network on a unprecedented scale that  I never thought possible ,so politics aside I admire them.

I witnessed  911 from the top of the Pan Am and took part in the rescue effort ,Volunteers are leaving from here with blood hounds ,survival gear , water ,food and fire arms I would be going but I  hurt my left hand in the storm ( jammed wrist and bruised tendon )  more later  Michael