09 February 2005 (second message)

Hi,

Thank you for your reply, Jim.   I hope all is well.

What is Line 21?   I do not understand what that means.

When I turned on the captioning, I had to choose from CCTV1, CCTV2,
CCTV3, CCTV4, Text1, Text2, Text3, Text4 and XDS.    What do they mean?
Please note that the captioning turned on only with CCTV1 - not with any
of the others.   However, XDS sometimes gave me the title of the program
that was on the air, and how many minutes remained during the show.

Also, many of the recorded shows seem to have as poor a quality as live
shows.

I'm beginning to wonder if the captioning decoder in my television might
be defective.

Finally, who is Joe Clark?

Many thanks again!

Regards,

Gil Shamir
University Legal Services, Inc.
Assistive Technology Program for the District of Columbia
220 I Street, NE, Suite 130
Washington, DC   20002
Telephone:   (202) 547-0198 ext. 121 (voice)
FAX:   (202) 547-2662 or (202) 547-2083