-----Original Message-----
From: PCBUILD - Personal Computer Hardware discussion List
[mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of Tanenbaum, Eric J
Sent: Monday, June 21, 2004 9:48 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: [PCBUILD] SATA & IDE Compatability

I have a new Gigabyte GA-81PE1000 Pro 2 motherboard which offers SATA &
IDE support. I cannot get  my old IDE hard drives and my new SATA drives
to work together. I had to reinstall Windows XP Pro from scratch and
installed the appropriate SCSI (?) drivers, which were copied from the
Gigabyte CD onto a floppy. In fact the only way that I could get a
system was to load the operating system on an IDE disk --- the SATA
disks are no longer recognised.

Help! (Please)

Eric Tanenbaum
Department of Government