Ralph -

Finally a chance to catchup on old emails.....just a couple questions for you, below.

- Pam
-----Original Message-----
From: This isn`t an orifice, it`s help with fluorescent lighting. [mailto:[log in to unmask]] On Behalf Of [log in to unmask]
Sent: Wednesday, May 05, 2004 9:28 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: [BP] Qatar Bathrooms

In a message dated 5/5/2004 6:49:46 PM Eastern Daylight Time, [log in to unmask] writes:
So last night I'm talking with this architect who had done a great deal
of work in Qatar. Lucky for him he's on Lawn Gyland instead of Qatar, I'd say. Seems there is a problem in building suburban
subdivisions on cul-d'sacks in Muslim countries, which is what those
with money want to imitate the West, as all toilets need to face with
the ass towards Mecca. I can't help but think you've got it backwards, and that it's forbidden to have your ass face Mecca, since you (actually, they) pray facing Mecca, so I should think it would be extremely disrespectful the other way around. We of the Hebrew persuasion are supposed to pray facing East, and synagogues are supposed to be ORIENTED in the same direction; we're supposed to be buried with our heads pointing east, too.  Except in Israel, all this stuff get modified so that everything is pointed toward Jerusalem, and in Jerusalem, everything is supposed to be pointed toward the Temple Mount (Al Aksa to our towel-headed friends) > I think churches are supposed to be oriented as well, or it used to be that way in the olden days.Therefore the placement of cookie-cutter houses becomes a torment. So they can't use cookie qatar houses in Qatar. Let 'em pay for custom.  It seems all kind of ass backwards to me and I've
asked my son, probably at least six times already, if I heard the man
correctly or not. So ask the man himself!

I also was informed that a consort of the king, or whatever he is, had a
toilet in her bathroom that was the mouth of a hippopotamus. Probably a real one, too.  One hopes, for its sake, it was deceased. The
bathroom was quite large and had sofas and chairs and coffee tables.
Seems this lucky lady could spend half her day farting around Wait a minute. Just a cotton pickin' minute. You've said a lot of ridiculous and provocative things in the past (unlike me), Ken, but this takes the cake. Ladies don't fart, and as far as I know women don't either, and I don't remember that girls do.  It's just not possible, and it simply doesn't happen. The reason, of course, is that they can't shut up long enough to build up enough pressure.   Does this infer that if you hear a lady/woman fart that she's quiet (and therefore, a good catch?).  Conversely, if you haven't heard one talk in a while, should you hightail it outta there because she's about to blow?  At least, that's what I was told.  And I don't know how any of them could deny it, either -- I suppose it's the equivalent of "have you stopped beating your wife yet?" in the bathroom and nobody was to have any problem about it.  So how is this any different than what we (or they) in the enlightened west do?

As my new acquaintance was an architect it gave me a new appreciation
for folks who have to design, figure out, and negotiate the creation of
these wonders.  If that's what it takes to get you to appreciate us, well........... I just don't know. I'm speechless.
Ralph