On 15 Jan 2003, at 15:25, Changhsu P. Liu wrote:

> Just wonder if you know of a program that compares all the documents in a
> folder (sub-folders included) and then lists all the files that are
> identical no matter if they have the same names?

  There were shareware/freeware programs for DOS that would find all cases
where there were files with the same name in a folder tree, but I don't
recall any that actually compared contents, and in any case they'd need some
work to handle long filenames correctly.

  What I do when looking for duplicates is use Start|Find and narrow it down
as closely as possible, and then sort the results by *size* so that copies
under different names are likely to be listed next to each other.

David Gillett

                     support at our newest website:
                          http://freepctech.com