In a message dated 1/30/2003 6:07:27 PM Eastern Standard Time,
[log in to unmask] writes:

> >> Since when did the Second Empire begin (or otherwise exist) in the 1820's?
>>

> Are we talking just Empire style-- lots of Napoleonic bees and curves? 1820
> should be about right on that.
>
> -Heidi

Heidi,

Whoever it was (I'm now too old to remember so far back) specifically talked
about the 2nd Empire style, which is why I'm being such a snot about it.
1820's seems to me a little late for the first Empire, even, but I suppose
news traveled rather more slowly in the pre-internet days.

Just wait til the future Little Heidis ask you what kind of computer you had
when you were a little girl.  I forgot-- you're so young, you probably DID
have one.

Ralph

What, me crotchety?