From: Ralph Walter [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Wednesday, January 01, 2003 9:39 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: Pam's house is a very very very nice house, with two cracks in the wall..

Since Pyrate stepped into this pile of masonry, I'll boldly tiptoe in right behind the skirts of his kilt.

Despite a complete lack of firsthand knowledge, and only marginal anecdotal secondhand knowledge, of the building, it is my unshakeable determination, from what the lovely lady described, that the problem sounded like it might possibly be differential settlement of the two wings of the house.  Maybe. Unless it's something else.

Having said that, I couldn't tell whether the drawing was a plan or an elevation.  How about some overall photos and some details of the affected area?  Or are you just looking for me to make a ass of myself?  In which case, your problem is solved.

Ralph