On Fri, 2 Aug 2002 06:37:03 -0400, Larry Stewart wrote:
>would a newer CD-ROM drive in the target
>PC likely be able to recognize the differing media such as my file
>data
>created on CD/Rs and CD/RWs as noted above, as well as MP3 music
>created
>using the "Make a MP3Music project" option of Easy CD Creator? Is it
>that
>later models of CD-ROMs have built in recognition for these formats
>or
>better drivers or something - OR - is there some other software
>patch that
>people have had luck with?

I have had many problems with older CD-ROM drives reading CD-R and CD-RW media as well.  Most recently, trying to make and use a boot CD to install Linux on a Pentium 150 Laptop.  A suggestion to complete the burns at 1x in a Linux forum worked for me.  Burns take awhile, however, the drive reads and boots the CDs just fine now.  You may want to give that a try.
--
Eric Heath ;^)
[log in to unmask] on 08/08/2002