----- Original Message -----
From: "Jim Cooley" <[log in to unmask]>
To: <[log in to unmask]>
Sent: Tuesday, July 02, 2002 11:45 PM
Subject: computer turns on when power is applied.

I have 3 computers with Windows 98.  One of them turns on when I
switch the
power strip on.  The other 2 only go on when I hit the switch on the
system
unit.  How does one control this?
I have never seen it mentioned under this thread as to what kind of
power supplys these machines have. If 1 of them is a AT power supply
and is turned of by shutting down the power strip, then it will start
back up when power is reapplied to the strip but the other 2 if they
are ATX supplys then they will have to be started at the computer.

Jack Parks

                    Digest mode - visit our web site:
                   http://freepctech.com/pcbuild.shtml