Yus

The word Narr in arabic means fire and  I am sure there is some element of truth in that story. Ghankis kan type of invation in those days only allowed hand to hand  and fire was a tactical weapon then in fighting the enemy or invaders.

On the rest of the story of Ham ,I do not know much about it and would like to have some references so  that I can verify before I make any comments.  I find it hard to accept that God would do anything like that to harm his own creation. It must be man made and a very awful mental torture to anyone who is supposedly a descendant of Ham. No wonder Farrakhan speaks with such hate in response to that. justified no of course   but I can now see why he does .

Unbelievable what people do in the name of religion  and how each interprets them

HDG

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ To unsubscribe/subscribe or view archives of postings, go to the Gambia-L Web interface at: http://maelstrom.stjohns.edu/archives/gambia-l.html To contact the List Management, please send an e-mail to: [log in to unmask] ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~