Edith,

 one the HG diet you will find that you will cut out the source of toxins and the gut will heal itself. Be aware that you might experience the "die off effect" as poor bacteria dies aff and fight for thier lives. It passes quickly, but I found that for people I know acidopholious pills are better as the milk sugars can incourage the bacterial growth.

for 6 years I pressed my mom to work out. For some reason known only to her, and to her credit completely to my suprise, one day she callled me with questions. her main concern was not to injure herself, and really not to be scared. I lift regularly but am well aware that 50 testosternone driven barbarians hooting and sweating is intimidating. My advice to my mother was to become confortable with the intellectual knowledge of the muscles in her body. that way when they are sore she knows who was the culprit. I asked her to only do what was comfortable, and at first it meant the foam wrapped weights and machine assisted lifting. Fine. Fine with me fine with her. She liftened twice a week, generally describing the excersized as " those up and down thingies", or the " you know what I mean.." she is no idiot, but fitness was more important than nomenclature. the other days she got on the treadmill. OK not Paleo, but you know what she had 60 years of non paleo concepts to unravel, I doubt she was ready for windsprints, and further if I had pestered her she would right now be back on the chair with alex trebek. but I didnt and she took it as it came.

finally her curiosity got the best of her and fortunatly I could come home and show her a few more excersized. she added dips, bench, lat pulls, leg presses, quad extentions and other over 3 years. Finally I pointed out to her that one thing all gym folk love is to talk and advise. A bursting rescource filled with good and bad advice, btu she needed simple knowledge.

Im sure you can advance far faster, If you want to. But begin with a comfortable level, keeeping always in mmind that this workout is not to last 2 weeks or months or years, but the rest of your life. Your muscles and body will suprise you with thier desire to progress. Follow them, not MuscleHead Magazine.

Michael Warner Kallus