OK, I've been reading this list for a few days now.

I certainly agree in theory that the evo. diet and fitness regime appear to make sense as far as what our bodies were designed to do.

However, as a hard-gainer (v.low body fat already) with a high percentage of lean body tissue, how can I expect to make gains on the sort of diet suggested without any complex carbs- wholemeal bread and pasta etc.?

This is especially the case if I take low fat cuts of meat due tot the supposed deleterious effects of xs saturated fat. You NEED a source of energy to fuel the muscles during a workout (aerobic and ANaerobic) and also to assist in muscle protein synthesis post-workout.

This is where the carbs. arer supposed to come in - they can be burned both aerobically and anaerobically during a workout cf fat, and also provide an energy source that refuels glycogen muscle stores and allows muscle synthesis, before heading for adipose tissue, right?

If I drop all complex carbs, I'm worried I'm not going to get enough calories from fat, protein (from my "healthy" animal protein sources) and fruit  / veg to sustain me AND allow increased gains.

Currently I'm following a sort of "half way house", with as much salad / veg. as I can eat, PLUS a small amount of wholegrain bread / pasta / rice to accompany my meat / fish / poultry.This seems to me to be far from ideal, as I'm really not leaning into the one diet philosophy or the other!

BTW, my workouts are fairly intense, with compound exercises. Yet to see whether any significant changes are occuring with this slight change in routine.

ANyones comments would be appreciated.

RUDI