In a message dated 2/18/0 9:37:35 AM, [log in to unmask] writes:

>that anyone wanting to put in aluminum
>
>replacement windows should provide -- at no additional charge -- a partial
>
>lower sash to close the gap
Actually, they can make a second lower sash which has a hole cut in it for a
specifically sized A/C unit.  The problem is, with this huge number of
windows, everyone would have to have standardized A/C unit sizes.  HA.

Ken:  I don't deny that it is hard to kick off from the wall to avoid
humongous A/C units, but from the A/E side, my terror of that enormous gap
between the stage and the wall makes up for any amount of operator muscle
strain.