Error - template STYLE-SHEET not found

From:
Loy Pressley <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Feb 1998 03:29:57 -0800
I just recently upgraded to Win 95 from Win 3.1 so I am a real novice
with Win 95.  I've tried to visit Microsoft Tech Support but every time
I have gone there with my web browser, the browser says something like
'2% of 31K at 1.2K per second' and just stops!  No downloading ever
completes.

The problem is that when I set up sounds in Win 95, they work as I've
defined them until I shutdown Win 95 and restart it.  On restart, the
sounds revert back to the Win 95 default sound scheme.  I've assigned my
own sounds, saved them as a separate scheme with a distinct scheme name,
but the system still reverts to the Win 95 default scheme on reboot.  Is
there any way to make my sound scheme the default sound scheme on bootup
besides renaming it to 'default'?

One other question:  is there a way to run a program on bootup before
Win 95 starts?  In Win 3.1, all I did was include a line to run the
program in my AUTOEXEC.BAT file before the line to run Win 3.1.  With
Win 95, I can't even find the line in the AUTOEXEC.BAT file that runs
Win 95.

I've researched the books that came with Win 95 - they're worthless!
I've also got a copy of 'Windows for Dummies' and I'm apparently too
dumb even for that because I couldn't find anything in it either.

Thanks...

          PCSOFT:  http://nospin.com  or  [log in to unmask]